Thursday, February 6, 2014

Dark Sky 4.0

It's been a while since I've posted.  For those of you keeping track (e.g. no one) that means I've been busy implementing stuff.  Here's one of those things.


Hey midwest, your suffering is particularly beautiful.

The new Dark Sky uses WhirlyGlobe.  And boy does it ever use it.  The animated weather is gorgeous and pushes the new layer animation functionality to the breaking point.

Random Update On Stuff


Yeah, there's animation support in the image layer now.  Shader support too.  I should really write that up.  In fact there's a little note on my desk which says "Write up Animation Support".  It also says "Android Update" and "Vector Maps Update" so perhaps I'll write those up as well.

For now, here's the capsule version:
  • Animated image layer support?  Yup.
  • Custom shaders?  Oh yeah.
  • How's the Android port going?  The OSM Vector example is working.
  • Vector maps?  Yup, using TileMill for styling.
  • Are they fast?  Oh yes, they are very fast.
That'll have to do for now.  If you have specific questions, feel free to hit me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment